Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
These versatile tomatoes can also be used in pasta sauce, on pizzas, or as part of an antipasto platter.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 12 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pesto sauce
- chopped olive
- fresh mozzarella ball (small balls)
- soft fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray large rimmed baking sheet with the nonstick spray.
- Remove seeds and juices from tomato halves. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, on prepared sheet; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil.
- Roast tomatoes until slightly charred and tender, about 50 minutes. Cool completely on sheet. Spoon desired filling into each.