Recipe by s'kat
Slightly sweet and spiced to taste, these are a fun alternative to regular oven-baked french fries.
Top Review by Mirj
These were outstanding! I have now found my new favorite roasted vegetable! I used some authentic Hungarian paprika instead of cayenne, and added a few crushed sprigs of fresh thyme. My kids thought they were funky potatoes, and since they were shoveling them into their mouths, I didn't give away the secret. Thanks s'kat, these are great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pinches cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Layer parsnips on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with next three ingredients, tossing well to ensure everything is coated well.
- Roast 15 minutes on bottom rack, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and roast until well browned, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool slightly, adjust salt if necessary and serve.