Slightly sweet and spiced to taste, these are a fun alternative to regular oven-baked french fries.
Make and share this Oven-Roasted Parsnips recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Layer parsnips on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with next three ingredients, tossing well to ensure everything is coated well.
- Roast 15 minutes on bottom rack, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and roast until well browned, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool slightly, adjust salt if necessary and serve.
These were outstanding! I have now found my new favorite roasted vegetable! I used some authentic Hungarian paprika instead of cayenne, and added a few crushed sprigs of fresh thyme. My kids thought they were funky potatoes, and since they were shoveling them into their mouths, I didn't give away the secret. Thanks s'kat, these are great!
I have never had parsnips before and am trying to incorporate more veggies in my diet. These were GREAT! I mixed everything in a big bowl and spread them on the cookie sheet. Mine didn't take the whole time to cook, just 20 minutes before they started to get too brown. I can't wait to go back to the store to buy more parsnips. Thanks for introducing me to a wonderful new taste.
Can't believe the inconvenience in attempting to just let you know that this is a great recipe.
Perhaps I'm a techno dinosaur. Do want to let you know that this recipe has a great punch of flavour and is definitely a nice change to oven fries.
Many thanks, Chris.