Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple seafood dish goes well with risotto and seared sesame asparagus... altered from original 'Simply Shrimp Salmon and (Fish) Steaks'.
- 1 (1 pint) container cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, well-drained
- 3 tablespoons red wine (omit if using canned tomatoes)
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
- In medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Spoon sauce around salmon and bake 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove from oven; spoon sauce over salmon and serve.
This was very quick to make and tasted excellent. We consume a lot of salmon in my family so this was a needed variation.