Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple seafood dish goes well with risotto and seared sesame asparagus... altered from original 'Simply Shrimp Salmon and (Fish) Steaks'.
- 1 (1 pint) container cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, well-drained
- 3 tablespoons red wine (omit if using canned tomatoes)
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
- In medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Spoon sauce around salmon and bake 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove from oven; spoon sauce over salmon and serve.
This was very quick to make and tasted excellent. We consume a lot of salmon in my family so this was a needed variation.