This simple seafood dish goes well with risotto and seared sesame asparagus... altered from original 'Simply Shrimp Salmon and (Fish) Steaks'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 pint) container cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, well-drained
- 3 tablespoons red wine (omit if using canned tomatoes)
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
- 2In medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- 3Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- 4Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- 5Spoon sauce around salmon and bake 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- 6Remove from oven; spoon sauce over salmon and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Mediterranean Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 451.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g