Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Recipe by Tina Danze, published August 10, 2011. NOTE: Recently, I saw on America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country), to use frozen okra thawed and blotted dry in recipes, rather than trying to find decent fresh okra in grocery stores!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This oven-roasted okra was really delicious. We loved the lemon and parmesan combination. I couldn't believe it, but I could not find whole okra so I used cut okra instead. We really enjoyed this dish and I'll defintely make it again. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game, October, 2014.
- 12 ounces small okra (small whole ~ frozen okra, thawed and patted dry)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese (finely grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese (additional garnish, finely grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss whole okra with oil, lemon juice, zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons grated cheese, salt and pepper. Place okra on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove okra from oven, and immediately top with additional grated cheese.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Makes four servings.