1/1 Photo of Oven-Roasted, Lemon-Parmesan Okra
Modified from the dallasnews.com -- Recipe by Tina Danze, published August 10, 2011. NOTE: Recently, I saw on America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country), to use frozen okra thawed and blotted dry in recipes, rather than trying to find decent fresh okra in grocery stores!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces small okra (small whole ~ frozen okra, thawed and patted dry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon (zest of)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese (additional garnish, finely grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Toss whole okra with oil, lemon juice, zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons grated cheese, salt and pepper. Place okra on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Remove okra from oven, and immediately top with additional grated cheese.
- 4Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 5Makes four servings.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted, Lemon-Parmesan Okra
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 350.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g