Prep 3 mins
Cook 16 mins
These are my personal favorite way to cook a hot dog. The skin becomes crisp while the interior remains extremely juicy. They are more on the well done side because that’s how I like them. If you prefer them not as well done reduce the cooking time and keep an eye on them. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a knife make a slice about half way through the hot dog.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes until hot dog is starting to curl and browned.
- If a browner hot dog is desired turn on broiler and brown to liking.
- Remove from oven and add cheese if desired and place back in oven for additional minute.
- When hot dog is done place on the bun and add additional toppings.
This a great recipe that eliminates using different pots and pans to get a good hot dog. I like grilled onions and jalapenos on my hot dog, so i chopped some up, tossed with oil and seasoning and threw them on top of the hot dogs for the last 8 minutes. When there was 3 minutes left, I put the hot dog in the bun, threw the onions and jalapenos on, topped with cheese and baked it all together and was it delicious! I will never cook hot dogs any other way, its just simple and gives great results.
If you really want an amazing treat...put the hotdogs on a skewer, then hold a knife at an angle (cutting into the dog) and turn the skewer slowly around (causing it to look like a corkscrew), slide it off the skewer, bake as you would this recipe, during the last 5 minutes, slather with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook a Lil longer til the sauce sets up! Mmm! A-Mmmmmazing
Nice way to bulk cook hot dogs with great texture.