Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to use hokkaido squash. It's super-easy to make and tastes very good.
- 2 kg hokkaido squash (one medium-sized squash)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 tablespoons sunflower oil (or any other oil you like)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 teaspoons gomashio (that's a mixture of finely ground toasted sesame and salt)
- Wash the squash, remove the seeds and cut into u-shaped pieces (the peel of this squash is edible). Place them on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Peel the garlic, press it into a small bowl and mix with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the pieces of squash with the marinade. Sprinkle with gomashio.
- Bake at 200° C in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes .
Squash is so yummy in this way.
I enjoyed it twice: as Oven Roasted Hokkaido Squash (#350530) with seame seed-salt mix instead of gomashio and as Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Halloween Thanksgiving ( #261686) with olive oil instead of butter. I prepared both simultaneously for saving time and energy.
Both delicious! Thanks!
Awesome! I really want to like squash since it is so healthy, but i just don't. As a result i keep trying new recipes for squash and am continually disappointed. This one was right on the mark though. It was delicious!