Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables. Try substituting in red potatoes, turnips or rutabagas for a delicious change. Recipe comes from Weight Watchers, points 1.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees; coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini and yellow squash in a single layer on baking sheet;Place potato, carrots on other baking sheet in a single layer; coat vegetables with cooking spray and season tops of vegetables with salt and oregano; NOTE use a mandolin to evenly slice vegetable if you have one.
- Roast for 1 hour then rotate trays, roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours total, or until vegetables are crisp and dry.
- NOTE; to keep vegetables crisp, store in an airtight container or zip-lock bag for 3 days, to re-crisp already cooked veggie's that have gone soft, cook on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 250 degrees.
I knew when I read this recipe that it would be comfort food, and I was right! It was just a lovely accompaniment to some plain steaks. Next time I might add a small onion, sliced. A winner!