Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Can substitute salmon, cod, or swordfish.
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 tablespoon minced sun-dried tomato (packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 4 slices lemons (very thin slices)
- herbs, sprigs
- Preheat oven to 450°; arrange fish in a large baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake just until center turns from translucent to opaque, 10-12 minutes.
- Make the Herb Citrus Vinaigrette: whisk the oil, lemon juice, water, lemon and orange zests, and garlic; stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, dill, and thyme; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the fish to individual plates; spoon the vinaigrette on top.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, garnished with lemon slices and herb sprigs.