Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Can substitute salmon, cod, or swordfish.
Make and share this Oven Roasted Halibut With Herb Citrus Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 tablespoon minced sun-dried tomato (packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 4 slices lemons (very thin slices)
- herbs, sprigs
- Preheat oven to 450°; arrange fish in a large baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake just until center turns from translucent to opaque, 10-12 minutes.
- Make the Herb Citrus Vinaigrette: whisk the oil, lemon juice, water, lemon and orange zests, and garlic; stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, dill, and thyme; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the fish to individual plates; spoon the vinaigrette on top.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, garnished with lemon slices and herb sprigs.