Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinade for 8 hours. Use two smaller-size fryers for this.
Make and share this Oven Roasted Glazed Chicken Halves recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients; remove half of the mixture, cover and refrigerate.
- Cut both chickens in half; sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place the chicken halves in a extra large heavy zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining half of the teriyaki mixture over the chicken.
- Seal the bag, turn to coat the chicken with marinade, refrigerate for 8 hours, turning the chicken occasionally to evenly coat with the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken halves skin side up on a 15 x 10-inch foil-lined baking sheet.
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Brush with reserved teriyaki mixture about 8 minutes before the end of cooking.
- If there is any remaining teriyaki mixture then brush on after cooking also.