Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
So very easy and very comforting! This creamy roasted garlic and potato soup is delicious and leaves you wanting a second bowl.
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cubed in large chunks
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- boiled pasta such as macaroni, stars etc. Any small variety of pasta will do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any papery skin from the fresh heads of garlic. Cut a little off the tops of garlic heads to expose fresh garlic and drizzle olive oil over top.
- Place garlic in an oven safe baking dish.Cover and bake for 45 minutes.Let garlic cool before going to next steps.
- In a large soup pot on medium high heat, pour olive oil that remained from the roasting period and squeeze the garlic bulbs to release cloves into a large soup pot.
- Add diced onion and cubed potatoes.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth,water,salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, gently smash potatoes in the pot although leaving some chunks of potato for texture. If you prefer a creamed soup then smash more or remove potatoes from the pot and blend in a blender.
- Add in cream or milk and wait till soup comes back to a slow boil.
- Add in a couple of spoon fulls of your pasta.Enjoy.