Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So very easy and very comforting! This creamy roasted garlic and potato soup is delicious and leaves you wanting a second bowl.
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cubed in large chunks
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- boiled pasta such as macaroni, stars etc. Any small variety of pasta will do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any papery skin from the fresh heads of garlic. Cut a little off the tops of garlic heads to expose fresh garlic and drizzle olive oil over top.
- Place garlic in an oven safe baking dish.Cover and bake for 45 minutes.Let garlic cool before going to next steps.
- In a large soup pot on medium high heat, pour olive oil that remained from the roasting period and squeeze the garlic bulbs to release cloves into a large soup pot.
- Add diced onion and cubed potatoes.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth,water,salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, gently smash potatoes in the pot although leaving some chunks of potato for texture. If you prefer a creamed soup then smash more or remove potatoes from the pot and blend in a blender.
- Add in cream or milk and wait till soup comes back to a slow boil.
- Add in a couple of spoon fulls of your pasta.Enjoy.