1 hr 5 mins
So very easy and very comforting! This creamy roasted garlic and potato soup is delicious and leaves you wanting a second bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cubed in large chunks
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- boiled pasta such as macaroni, stars etc. Any small variety of pasta will do
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Remove any papery skin from the fresh heads of garlic. Cut a little off the tops of garlic heads to expose fresh garlic and drizzle olive oil over top.
- 3Place garlic in an oven safe baking dish.Cover and bake for 45 minutes.Let garlic cool before going to next steps.
- 4In a large soup pot on medium high heat, pour olive oil that remained from the roasting period and squeeze the garlic bulbs to release cloves into a large soup pot.
- 5Add diced onion and cubed potatoes.
- 6Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add in chicken broth,water,salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 9Using a wire whisk, gently smash potatoes in the pot although leaving some chunks of potato for texture. If you prefer a creamed soup then smash more or remove potatoes from the pot and blend in a blender.
- 10Add in cream or milk and wait till soup comes back to a slow boil.
- 11Add in a couple of spoon fulls of your pasta.Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 262.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g