Recipe by cookiedog
I served this with pasta and it was our favorite part of dinner. The recipe is adapted from Paula Deen. The original recipe called for 1 cup of butter- you know that girl loves her butter! The garlic mellows since it is roasted so don't be afraid to use the whole bulb.
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
Yummo! The roasted garlic really does make a difference, it's so much more mellowed and mild. I reduced the amount of butter to half a cup and even then I felt guilty about the fat content. I used a loaf of french bread and just sliced it diagonally then slathered the slices with the garlic/butter mix and wrapped it in foil then baked for 20 minutes or so at 180C. can't wait to try it with the sourdough.
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled
- olive oil
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, split horizontally
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut top off garlic head. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with olive oil. Fold edges together to seal. Bake 30 - 40 minutes; cool.
- Squeeze cooked garlic into a medium bowl. Garlic will be soft and sticky. Add butter, parsley salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Spread cut halves of bread evenly with garlic butter mixture. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, with oven door partially opened, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until butter melts and bread is toasted. Cut into slices to serve.