Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 head garlic, stem end trimmed by 1/2 inch
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml freshly cracked black pepper
- 59.14 ml plus 2 tblsp. chicken stock or 59.14 ml water
- French bread, accompaniment
- chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub the garlic with olive oil and place the heads, cut-side up, in a small saute pan or baking dish that's just large enough to hold the garlic comfortably.
- Season the garlic with the salt and pepper and add the stock to the saute pan. Place the saute pan in the oven and roast about 30 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown on top and the cloves can be easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife. Remove the saute pan from the oven and allow the garlic to cool. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skins. Serve with slices of french bread and garnish with chopped parsley.
I just made a couple of these, instead of 4. Needed it for a recipe, and this fit the bill! I have a garlic baker, so I use that, but aluminum foil works great too! Thanks for sharing this recipe, CJAY!