Recipe by DebbiF
I got this from one of the Barefoot Contessa's cookbooks. She is one of my favorite cooks and everything she makes is very elegant and simple. I have been making this for awhile now and it is a great treat for when the fruit is in season.
- 6 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or eighths
- 6 plums or 6 Italian plums, pitted and quartered or halved
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the peaches and plums snugly in a single layer, cut side up, in 2 glass or porcelain oven-proof baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, and then top with the raspberries.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.
- Heat the broiler and place the fruit about 5 inches below the heat and broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices.
- Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with orange juice.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.