Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are spicy sweet and very tender!
Make and share this Oven-Roasted Country-Style Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs country-style pork ribs or 3 -4 lbs boneless sirloin pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ribs or chops in roasting pan.
- In 2 quart saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (5 to 8 minutes).
- Pour over ribs or chops turning to coat all sides.
- Bake, turning every 20 to 30 minutes, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Serve with cooking sauce.
Wow!!! DH, who usually doesn't like pork, loved these!!!!! (I did, too!) He even said that I could make these as often as I wanted to. The sauce got sticky and browned up in the oven after 2 hours and the meat was falling off the bones (our ribs were a bit thin and had lots of fat). I drained off the fat for the last hour. Super easy and very tasty! Thank you!!!!!
So, so good! This recipe makes this inexpensive cut moist, tender and full of flavour. Although the sauce starts out quite thin it thickens over the 21/2 hours and gets wonderfully sticky. I will be making this one often. Thanks for sharing this great little gem.
At 350 degrees my ribs were burnt in one hour, could this be a mistake?