Recipe by Leslie in Texas
We hosted a charity dinner at our Colorado house two summers ago. The chef who did the dinner came from Kansas City, where he has a catering company. This fabulous soup was the first course of a wonderful dinner!
Top Review by Erin2034
Super cinchy, we liked it as well with crab as w/out. I omitted the jalepeno pepper (no spice fans in my family) didn't strain it, and it was still great. Will make again for sure.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels (if using fresh corn, roast ears first then cut the kernels from the cob and scrape cob)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (or 1/2 t. cayenne pepper)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss corn kernels with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Oven roast corn in a preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine the corn with the garlic, carrots, onions, celery, jalapeño ( or cayenne), and chicken stock in a heavy pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender, in batches if necessary, for about a minute and a half.
- Strain soup, top with lump crab meat and serve hot.