1 hr 5 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
We hosted a charity dinner at our Colorado house two summers ago. The chef who did the dinner came from Kansas City, where he has a catering company. This fabulous soup was the first course of a wonderful dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels (if using fresh corn, roast ears first then cut the kernels from the cob and scrape cob)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (or 1/2 t. cayenne pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups strong chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1Toss corn kernels with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Oven roast corn in a preheated 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- 3Combine the corn with the garlic, carrots, onions, celery, jalapeño ( or cayenne), and chicken stock in a heavy pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- 5Puree the soup in a blender, in batches if necessary, for about a minute and a half.
- 6Strain soup, top with lump crab meat and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Corn Soup With Lump Crabmeat
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g