Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an old recipe. I have no clue where it originated from, but we have been making it for years. It is a no-fail recipe--great for company or just a quiet meal alone. Complete the meal with a salad and warm crusty bread.
- 1814.36 g roasting chickens
- 340.19 g herb stuffing mix (Stove Top)
- 236.59 ml water
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 177.44 ml frozen chopped spinach (thawed drained)
- 56.69 g prosciutto (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 9.85 ml sage
- 2.46 ml rosemary
- 59.16 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml paprika
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In large bowl mix stuffing mix with water.
- In large skillet melt butter over med heat.
- Add onion, garlic, sage and rosemary.
- Sauté about 2 minute.
- Add spinach.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream.
- Mix spinach mixture with stuffing in bowl.
- Spoon stuffing into chicken.
- Close with metal skewers.
- Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Bake in roasting pan 1 hr 45 minutes - 2 hours.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.