2 hrs 35 mins
Jessica Costello's Note:
This is an old recipe. I have no clue where it originated from, but we have been making it for years. It is a no-fail recipe--great for company or just a quiet meal alone. Complete the meal with a salad and warm crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 12 ounces herb stuffing mix (Stove Top)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed drained)
- 2 ounces prosciutto (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2In large bowl mix stuffing mix with water.
- 3In large skillet melt butter over med heat.
- 4Add onion, garlic, sage and rosemary.
- 5Sauté about 2 minute.
- 6Add spinach.
- 7Sauté for another 5 minutes or until tender.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Add cream.
- 10Mix spinach mixture with stuffing in bowl.
- 11Spoon stuffing into chicken.
- 12Close with metal skewers.
- 13Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning and paprika.
- 14Bake in roasting pan 1 hr 45 minutes - 2 hours.
- 15Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Chicken With Spinach Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.3
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 1002.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: