1/1 Photo of Oven-Roasted Chicken, With Roasted Garlic and French Bread
1 hr 37 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This recipe is fabulous - perfectly roasted whole chicken, with roasted garlic to squeeze right onto the chicken (if you prefer), and crusty french bread, with squeezed garlic. Too-die-for! If you so choose, you can actually skip eating the roasted garlic (unless you are a true garlic-lover, and can't resist :-). Simply cooking the chicken with the garlic in the pan adds incredible flavor to the chicken!. I also sometimes throw in some quartered red potatoes to the pan, which creates amazing roasted garlic potatoes. If I do this, I always sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, and rosemary, too, and sprinkle with olive oil, both at the start of the cooking time, and just before serving (toss well). Makes for a fabulous complete meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Wash and dry chicken, and remove giblets.
- 3Baste (or rub) whole chicken with olive oil.
- 4Mix salt and pepper to taste, and all other spices, in small bowl, and then rub over entire chicken (leave a small amount of spice mixture remaining).
- 5Put leftover spice mixture, and 4 indiviudal garlic cloves, inside cavity of chicken.
- 6Place chicken in large roasting pan (without rack).
- 7Take apart remaining garlic bulbs (leaving skins on) and place garlic cloves all around chicken.
- 8Pour chicken broth over all.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, then remove cover, and bake for 35 to 40 mins, until chicken is browned.
- 10Remove chicken from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- 11Carve chicken, while heating up french bread (if you like your bread warmed).
- 12Serve chicken pieces and french bread, with roasted garlic cloves.
- 13Squeeze roasted garlic (which will squeeze nicely right out of the skins) onto slices of french bread and/or onto chicken pieces, as you eat it (we love to squeeze garlic right onto our chicken, as well as onto the bread).
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Chicken, With Roasted Garlic and French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.9
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 282.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 41.5 g