Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty, quick version for oven roasting. I sometimes use half chili powder & half ground habanero powder to kick it up. Adjust any flavourings to your preference.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture on chicken halves.
- Place chicken halves on a lightly oiled 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Made this for company of 5. Easy, quick & delicious. I let it marinate all day before roasting. The ladies asked for the recipe. Nice change for a chicken dinner. Thank you.
Quick and delicious! I prepared this recipe exactly as written. The chicken was moist and flavorful. Thank you for a terrific recipe.
Wow, this was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly! The name does not do it justice. The flavor reminded me of chicken mole - just a lot easier and less calories! It smells so good when it is cooking, that my kids thought I was baking something for desert.