Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Kathleen Daelemans' "Cooking Thin"
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, peeled
- coarse salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn into halves and thirds
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb white fleshed fish filets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 13-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 the basil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, gently stir.
- Nestle fish in pan with tomatoes, place back in oven and continue roasting 7 to 10 minutes more or until fish is no longer translucent and tomatoes are just beginning to burst. Remove from oven.
- Divide fish among serving plates. Add remaining basil to tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon over fish in equal portions.
Really good. Had for dinner tonight and my 2.5 year old thought it was "yum yum yum in my tum tum tummy, Mommy!" She had more than I did. We used tomatoes and basil from the garden and halibut caught by our neighbor. Delish
this was so easy and so delicious. we had guests for dinner and they wouldn't leave until I gave them a copy of the recipe. great recipe for moist, flavorful fish.
This recipe is definitely a five star recipe as it became a staple at my house. Flavors are strong, garlicky and amazing! I used basil, as well as parsley, when I didn?t have fresh basil and used cod when whitefish was not in season. Highly recommend this recipe. Tip: smash bigger garlic cloves for a stronger garlic flavor. Made this again for dinner tonight and my house smells sooo garlicky and yummy! Thank you for posting this awesome recipe!