Recipe by NorthwestGal
I found this recipe on www.laaloosh.com website, and I thought it sounded delicious and worth a try. Here, the cauliflower is oven roasted instead of being cooked in a saucepan or steamer.
Top Review by SB6
I really loved this dish! DH really dislikes cauliflower so I made it while he is out of town. I am pretty sure he will love it with all the flavors, cheese, garlic & wine. Thank you!
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray. Add cauliflower florets to dish and lightly coat them with non-fat cooking spray. Then season with half the salt and pepper. Put into oven and roast for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons buttermilk until smooth.
- Heat the wine and remaining buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over the cauliflower and serve.