Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on www.laaloosh.com website, and I thought it sounded delicious and worth a try. Here, the cauliflower is oven roasted instead of being cooked in a saucepan or steamer.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray. Add cauliflower florets to dish and lightly coat them with non-fat cooking spray. Then season with half the salt and pepper. Put into oven and roast for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons buttermilk until smooth.
- Heat the wine and remaining buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over the cauliflower and serve.
I really loved this dish! DH really dislikes cauliflower so I made it while he is out of town. I am pretty sure he will love it with all the flavors, cheese, garlic & wine. Thank you!
Delicious! Hard to believe this is a weight watcher recipe. All the flavors come through. Like that the garlic is not roasting in oven with cauliflower as I find that is when you get burnt garlic. Used apple smoked gruyere and subbed in apple juice for wine. Cauliflower done in 20 minutes but it really depends upon size of florets. Served with ham. Next I would stir cauliflower half way through. Thank you Northwest Gal for sharing.