Recipe by lesliecoy
Fresh Cauliflower and Broccoli from our garden - several recipes found, but all too fattening. Putting together a recipe of my own. This recipe can be cooked on the grill. We did not add the panko and cheese, but they would be a great addition. Which I will do today when I am reheating the leftovers.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great side dish and very easy. I keep a bag of cooked, crumbled bacon from Costco in the freezer, so that made this even easier. I skipped the toppings but will try it with some parmesan next time. Will be making this often, as these are our two favorite vegies. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 1 lb broccoli
- 3 slices bacon, microwaved until done
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup panko bread crumbs and 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice cauliflower and broccoli into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with the precooked bacon and spices.
- Place casserole in the hot oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly brown. Test to see if done. Fork tines should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower and broccoli.
- Remove from oven and if desired sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Serve immediately.