Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice roasted cabbage that becomes a warm salad when using the balsamic vinegar option. **Two cutting options provided both tend to want to separate just because it is cabbage.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- **Cutting option 1- Quarter cabbage through core and cut each quarter in to 1-inch wedges, leaving core intact. You'll have about 16 wedges.
- **Cutting option 2- Slice into 1-inch-thick rounds, leaving core in to help hold it together.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange cabbage in single layer on baking sheet and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle hot cabbage with balsamic vinegar if using.
So I tried this recipe thinking I'd give cabbage another chance - and I'm glad I did! Roasting is definitely the way to go with cabbage and the balsamic makes it even better. Why don't more people know about this? I cut it in wedges but next time I think I'll cut in circles to make for a more even roasting/seasoning. Thanks for the post!
Definitely would make this again. My kind of recipe-tasty, uses oven, and simple. I did put balsamic vinegar on for sure as I have some excellent aged balsamic-we even packed in our suitcase-didn't buy wine but bought vinegar. LOL! Thanks Debbwl for sharing.
Tasted geat and was easy to throw together. I did have a little trouble with the outsides burning and the inside needing to cook longer, but sometimes I think my oven gets hotter than it should. Will be using this again! Made for ZWT 7.