A nice roasted cabbage that becomes a warm salad when using the balsamic vinegar option. **Two cutting options provided both tend to want to separate just because it is cabbage.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- **Cutting option 1- Quarter cabbage through core and cut each quarter in to 1-inch wedges, leaving core intact. You'll have about 16 wedges.
- **Cutting option 2- Slice into 1-inch-thick rounds, leaving core in to help hold it together.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange cabbage in single layer on baking sheet and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle hot cabbage with balsamic vinegar if using.