Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I'm in a hurry and the oven is already occupied I throw these on a skillet with the rest of the ingredients and they still turn out wonderful.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, none other
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced (optional)
- Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a clean kitchen towel on the counter. One by one remove the Brussels sprouts and trim the hard end off the bottom. Trim off any loose or yellowed leaves. Make a small cross in the bottom of each sprout.
- Cut any large sprouts in half lengthwise.
- When all the sprouts have been cleaned and trimmed, place them in a medium bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil , sea salt and black pepper, walnuts and Shiitake mushrooms (if using) and toss lightly until all sprouts are well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and gently transfer the sprouts to the baking sheet. Place any halved sprouts cut side down. Place in oven and bake until light browned for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Delish! I used oil spray in an attempt to cut back on fat. The combination of the sprouts, walnuts and sitakes are wonderful. So cute too, when all three are on the fork. Great technique with the water dunk- kept the sprouts from drying out. Thanks for posting!