Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love broccoli! I was intrigued by this recipe when I saw it on ATK. The sugar really helps to caramelize the broccoli and give it a "nutty" flavor. Yummy!
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Put a jellyroll pan on the bottom rack of the pre-heated oven.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, sugar and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut fibrous exterior stem off broccoli. Cut stem into 1" pieces.
- Cut florets into large pieces.
- Toss cut broccoli with oil and spice mixture, coating all pieces evenly.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove pan from oven and place flat ends of broccoli on pan, working quickly.
- Return pan to oven and cook for 9-11 minutes.
Let me begin by saying how much I LOVE roasted asparagus! That said, I think I'll just continue to steam broccoli, instead of roasting it. It really is not worth the trouble (minimal as it was) to oven-roast it. Use your culinary skills and expertise to create something praiseworthy...this broccoli is NOT it!
Outstanding broccoli and so simple. I've roasted broccoli before. This one was the best I have tried. Thank you!
I love roasted broccoli and this was very good. I've never added sugar before, but it really did add a nice flavor. Thanks anovamom for a nice side. Made for Cookbook Tag.