After oven roasting asparagus, green beans, cauliflower I thought WHY NOT BROCCOLI. The result is crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and a great new way for me to enjoy one of my favorite veggies. Hope you like it too. The garlic is smashed and diced to get as much garlic flavor as you can from each clove.
- Preheat to the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss together the broccoli and the oil mixture in a large bowl.
- You may have to adjust the oil a bit if your bunch of broccoli is smallish.
- You don't want it swimming in oil on the cookie sheet.
- Put broccoli on cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Be sure and check often to make sure it's not burning, you want it to caramelize but not burn.
- If you don't like al dente broccoli, cook a little longer.
- I usually remove after 10-15 minutes.
- When the broccoli is as done as you like remove from the oven and toss with the cheese.