Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
Make and share this Oven Roasted Barbecued Spareribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 lb) slab spareribs
- 1 (12 ounce) canfull-flavored beer
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Texas Thunder Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, sliced (white or yellow)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place the ribs in a shallow dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beer, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, chili sauce, ketchup, onion salt, and pepper.
- Blend well and pour over the ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the oven rack in the middle and bottom of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a jelly-roll pan with foil.
- Lightly grease a wire rack and place it in the jelly-roll pan.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place meaty side up on the prepared rack.
- Place in the center of the oven.
- Add 1-2 cups of water to the marinade dish and put on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Roast 90 minutes or until the meat begins to shrink from the bone.
- Do not turn the ribs over.
- Baste with Texas Thunder Barbecue sauce or your favorite bbq sauce every 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Texas Thunder Barbecue Sauce—place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions; cook 6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, oil, red pepper, dry mustard, and liquid smoke.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Pour through a mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Refrigerate the sauce until ready to use.