Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Okay I admit it - I had never tried brussel sprouts until last week. I also said I hated them without trying them - shame on me. I found this recipe through pinterest and loved them. Here is the original recipe: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/02/oven-roasted-balsamic-brussels-sprouts/
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Rinse sprouts in cool water and then chop off the tough ends. Pull any straggly leaves off the sprouts and then chop each sprout in half. Place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and the freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle it over the chopped sprouts and then toss to combine. Spread the sprouts out evenly over the baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the sprouts are tender-crisp.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the reserved tablespoon of vinegar, and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.