Recipe by AmyZoe
Feel free to add Italian or Greek herbs for extra seasoning. I used some sicilian seasoning with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I made 18 spears at once and just added a tablespoon of oil and adjusted the seasoning to suit. This was so tasty I couldn't stop eating it once it came out of the oven. Nice and crunchy and bursting with flavor. Recipe courtesy of about.com.
- olive oil (a teaspoon for 6 spears)
- herbs (mixtures of dried Italian or Green herbs)
- lemon juice (a few drops)
Directions See How It's Made
- To grill, follow instructions below except heat the grill instead of the oven, don't use a baking sheet, and turn once during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the ends or trimming the very end and peeling the tough part with a vegetable peeler.
- Put on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Drizzle the oil over the asparagus. Follow with salt, pepper, herbs, and lemon.
- Get in there with your hands and smear it all over.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender.