Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oven roasting enhances the natural aroma of asparagus in the simple, but elegant side dish. Pair Roasted Asparagus with the finest steak or humble poultry to make any meal seem special without fat and extra calories.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash asparagus spears and cut off the tough ends.
- Lay the spears on paper towels to soak up excess water.
- Gently spray a large flat baking pan with olive oil flavored cooking spray. (I use a 9"X13" in metal or glass pan).
- Lay the asparagus spears in the pan. Preferably all laying flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Generously spray the spears with cooking spray, any flavor--olive oil is good as well as butter flavored spray.
- Place the pan in the oven on a rack above center, but not on the top rack.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until roasted and slightly brown.
- If baked for 25 minutes and the spears are not as brown as desired, broil for two or three minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with coarse ground salt and serve immediately.
What's not to love with this recipe?! Simple is often best. I cut back the roasting time to about 12 minutes as I like my asparagus kinda crunchy. This was simple, and ohhhh so good. Thanks I<3 Cookbooks for a nice winner. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Very good with olive oil. I as well like mine more crunchy, so did 15 minutes at 350.