Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy sidedish adapted from Southern Living.
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes or until your desired degree of tenderness.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with almonds.
Love garlic with asparagus and the almonds give it the added punch. Loved the recipe!
I roast almost all of my vegetables this way now. It is so much better than steamed. I will add the almonds when I have them, but they are just as good without.
We love roasted asparagu, and this is very simple, yet elegant. Nice garlic flavor, without being overpowering, and the almonds are a nice touch. This is a keeper!