Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in my "stash" and want to save in a safe place. Serve warm as an accompaniment to pork chops or roasted meat like turkey or lamb.
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed, plus
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into eights
- 3 mcintosh apples, peeled, cored, and cut into eights
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 375. In a 12-by-14 inch roasting pan or a 11-by-17 inch baking pan, combine the brandy or cider, cinnamon, cloves, lemon juice and zest, brown sugar and butter. Add all the apples and toss.
- Roast until the apples are very soft and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to the bowl of a food processor; pulse until smooth. Stir in salt if using. Serve warm.