Recipe by John DOH
My Mom taught me this, and I just love them, as do the rest of the family. Prefer red potatoes, but whites will work just as well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut to 3/4-inch thickness slabs.
- Pour oil into a cake tin until 3/16-inch deep.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes in the pan, and season heavily, turning and applying seasoning over complete surface.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove and carefully flip each section, trying to keep the "crust" intact.
- Replace in oven and cook an additional 20-25 minutes, until edges are thoroughly "done".
- Can be eaten with or without gravy.