Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This roast can be made in a kitchen oven or at an outdoor camp site in a dutch oven. The recipe will make a very tender roast with its own gravy. Leftovers may be kept in the gravy for several days.
- 3 -4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beer
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Rub the dry soup mix on the meat, place in a covered roasting pan.
- Add mushroom soup and water or beer.
- Bake covered for 1 hour per pound of meat. If the cut of meat is very dense with little fat, remove one half hour before reaching total cooking time, slice and return to finish.
You've got a winner here! Super-easy to put together, pop in the oven, go do whatever, and Voila!, supper's ready. Love the tender, tasty meat, and the gravy is so yummie. So glad you posted this nifty recipe. Many thanks, Laudee C.
This roast is wonderful and so easy. My family loved it.
Great roast beef recipe, followed the instructions to a T and was rewarded with a delicious non greasy roast meal and with gravy too! Thanks for posting.