Recipe by jrthrmn
All around nice, general recipe.
Top Review by Ang11002
My original review on 3/23/11 gave this recipe 4 stars but after making it again tonight, using butter and increasing cook time to 30 min, its definitely a 5 star. The rice was cooked to perfection. Thanks for sharing. My go to recipe for white rice now. !
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (only add this if using water instead of broth)
- snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix water or broth, butter, rice and salt in ungreased 2 1/2 cup or 1 quart casserole. Or, if all you want is just plain rice, then use only the water and the rice.
- Cover tightly, bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take 30 minutes or so, just check until it is done to your liking.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.