Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that my children love. I love it too because it's only 4 points per breast if you're living a lifestyle that requires you to assign points to your food. Pair this up with cole slaw and baked beans... yummy!!!
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (1/2 ounce) buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix, dry
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream (can sub. ff mayo too)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In shallow dish combine bread crumbe & dressing mix (I use my food processor to mix them together because I usually make my own bread crumbs with toast - viola! the bread is already in there!).
- Dip chicken in sounr cream, then crumb mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet, spray chicken with cooking spray (if desired).
- Discard any remaining bread crumbs & sour cream.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
This dish is another keeper. Save leftover chicken for next day lunch as a chicken wrap using wheat tortillas. Don't forget diced tomatoes, chopped lettuce, avocados and low fat swiss cheese-yummy! Nothing gets wasted:-)
This was a hit with my family. I had to give my sister the recipe so she could make it for her kids. I used miracle whip instead of sour cream and regular ranch dressing mix. I also used panko instead of bread crumbs. Delicious!!!