Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these tonight for my family and everyone really enjoyed the moist, tangy take on chicken.
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders
- Heat oven to 400°F Prepare baking dish.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salad dressing mix; mix well. Place sour cream in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in sour cream, coating well. Roll coated chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in baking dish. Discard any remaining bread crumb mixture and sour cream.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
The family LOVED these - I sliced chicken fillets into "fingers" and used the same. Served with jacket potatoes, sour cream and steamed veggies.
This was VERY tasty. I also used less ranch, per other reviews. I found that the underside of the chicken wasn't crispy, but I'm not sure what would remedy it. Used cornflake crumbs, maybe will try "regular" next time.
I found the Ranch flavour a little strong with this recipe but the chicken was deliciously tender. Next time I will add some parmesan to the breadcrumb mixture to give an extra dimension of flavour. Thanks for the recipe!