Recipe by DebbiF
These are a big favorite in our house. It is a healthy alternative to frying the potatoes. The outside of the potato gets crisp and the inside gets soft. I have used several different types of potatoes and have had great results with all of them although the cooking time will need to be varied with the creamer types.
- 6 -8 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into 1" cubes and place on a baking sheet (preferrably with sides to avoid losing any).
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, basil, thyme and oregano over the top of the potatoes and oil.
- Using your hands mix the oil, spices and potatoes together until evenly coated.
- Make sure that potatoes are in one layer on the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- At this point take a spatula and move them around in the pan.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle a little more salt on them when they are first out of the oven.