Recipe by CraftScout
When potatoes are on sale, here is a good thing to do with them! :) Based on a recipe I found online. Cooking time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by tatorsandgravy
Sounds like a good recipe I will try one day although when I make fries I have learned that soaking the uncooked, sliced potatos in a bowel with HOT tap water helps remove the starch so when they bake they get crispier on the oustide and soft and chewy on the inside.
- 6 -8 medium russet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoning (whatever you like on fries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut each potato into 6 to 8 long wedges.
- Toss wedges in oil, just enough to coat.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top and toss to coat.
- Lay out on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool.
- Leave on baking sheet and put into freezer to flash freeze.
- TO FREEZE: After an hour or two (depending on your freezer), check and make sure wedges are frozen. Place frozen wedges in labeled freezer bags and return to freezer.
- TO SERVE: Pull out however many wedges you want to serve; place on a greased or nonstick baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the size of your wedges). These can also be deep fried.