Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
When potatoes are on sale, here is a good thing to do with them! :) Based on a recipe I found online. Cooking time does not include freezing time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut each potato into 6 to 8 long wedges.
- Toss wedges in oil, just enough to coat.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top and toss to coat.
- Lay out on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool.
- Leave on baking sheet and put into freezer to flash freeze.
- TO FREEZE: After an hour or two (depending on your freezer), check and make sure wedges are frozen. Place frozen wedges in labeled freezer bags and return to freezer.
- TO SERVE: Pull out however many wedges you want to serve; place on a greased or nonstick baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the size of your wedges). These can also be deep fried.
Sounds like a good recipe I will try one day although when I make fries I have learned that soaking the uncooked, sliced potatos in a bowel with HOT tap water helps remove the starch so when they bake they get crispier on the oustide and soft and chewy on the inside.
As I was scrubbing potatoes for dinner tonight (baked potatoes), I thought I should go ahead and try this recipe with a few extras. My hubby, son, and I all tried one or two of these before I froze them -- SO yummy! I froze the rest so that DH and the kiddo have a fast, home-made side to eat for dinner on nights when I work late. I seasoned with Old Bay and they're perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!
Made 5lbs of these. We had them for brunch and froze the rest. DH LOVES these. Thanks