Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
To save some time you can broil the potato slices ahead of time. This can easily be doubled.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) jars taco sauce (or use homemade)
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- chopped green chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use old cheddar)
- sliced black olives or green olives
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick, then arrange in a single layer onto a large greased baking sheet/s.
- Sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt (or white salt) and black pepper.
- Place 4 inches from broiler heat and broil until golden brown; turn over the slices and broil other side of slices until browned and fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and top with taco sauce, green onions, chilies, shredded cheese and sliced olives.
- Broil until the cheese has melted.
I so enjoy making something a bit different and I had a crowd to feed and everyone loved these!!! My changes included using my own salsa instead of taco sauce and I used pepper jack cheese instead of the mexi blend. I used black olives and also made some topped w/ chopped cilantro, avocado, and/or sour cream. Thank you again, Kitten, for a wonderful recipe!!!
Here's something great to do with those tons of potatoes that come in my winter share from the organic food farm each month. Some of mine came out a bit undercooked, but I imagine that was because I didn't slice them thin enough. But even with that, all the toppings and seasonings make this a treat!