Recipe by SouthernBell2627
I found this recipe on texascook.com. Recipe sounds really delicious. I thought I would give it a try. My family absolutely loves it! Delicious!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Excellent! I used Alpine Touch seasoning which is a mix of salt, black pepper and garlic so I used 1 1/4 tsps, plus celery salt and I used a little A-1 sauce with the worcestershire sauce.I also soaked dry minced onions and used instead of fresh onions.I did not have a problem with the rice being dry. You have to use the right amount of water and sauce to have the recipe as written. It is delicious and I will make again and again!. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix meat, rice, and 1/2 cup water with onion, the salts, garlic powder and pepper.
- Shape mixture into balls. Choose the size you like for shaping the balls.
- Place meatballs in ungreased baking dish.
- Stir together remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.