Recipe by Oolala
I took some cooking classes at a local supermarket chain called Kings and this recipe was one from the class. It is adapted from cooking expert Perla Meyers.
- 1 cup cornmeal, coarse (Indian Head or Hodgson Mills)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups asiago cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole.
- Add cornmeal, water, milk, olive oil, salt, red pepper and mix until blended.
- Bake corn mixture uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Don't worry if the mixture doesn't look blended. It starts to get firm in the last 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir the polenta and bake for another 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove polenta from oven and stir in cheese. Serve within 5-6 minutes from removing it from the oven.