Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This meal could be made with any mild tasting white fish. Broccoli is my choice, or any "hard vegetable" could be used. Cooking is a Creative Sport. This will make a nice meal for one person served with rice.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
We liked this a lot! I doubled this recipe and followed Ladypit's advice (double the fish and lemon; don't double the liquid). It turned out very good. Also, I didn't have white wine, so I substituted a mixture of stock and vermouth. This was very easy to make, and so healthy! Best of all, I had hardly any dishes to wash once I was done cooking. :)Thanks for sharing.
- 4 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Add the fish on top of the onions, and then the Dill, Pepper, and Salt.
- Add the lemon on top of the fish, followed by the broccoli.
- Pour in the white wine, cover.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish is 135 degrees.
- Remove from the dish with a slotted spoon, discard the lemons, and serve.