Recipe by Suzycooksforfun
My mother just went on a "cardiac diet" and I saw this on the American Heart Association website. It takes minutes to prepare, is delicious, and healthy. I served with a dollop of dill sauce on the side made of sour cream, Dijon mustard, dill and lemon. I didn't use the liquid - maybe next time.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions, skin removed, if desired
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped or 1 medium shallot
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat a 9-inch glass pie pan or an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place salmon, skin-side (or skinned-side) down, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with wine. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with shallots. Cover with foil and bake until opaque in the center and starting to flake, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness.
- When the salmon is ready, transfer to dinner plates. Spoon any liquid remaining in the pan over the salmon and serve with lemon wedges.